YEARLY BIG FISH CONTEST RULES
The contest is in effect from December 1st to November 30th
To enter a fish for consideration in the contest, all of the following must be met:
1. The Contest Entry Form must be filled out for each entry.
2. A witness must certify on the Fish Contest entry form, the weighing or measuring of the fish to be entered for consideration.
3. A clear photograph showing both the member and the fish must be submitted.
4. Entries must be received by the Fishing Contest Chairman, Victor Mejias BusterA69@sbcglobal.net, or received in the club P.O. Box 26, LaGrange, IL, 60525, within 30 days following the catch.
Any entries judged incomplete will be voided, consequently, ineligible for contest consideration.
The size of the fish may be determined in one of two ways:
1. The fish may be weighted; or
2. To encourage catch and release, fish weight will be estimated by the Contest Chairman using the following formula:
Length times the Girth Squared, then divided by the Species Factor.
Species Factor: Walleye (2700); Pike and Musky (3500); Bass (1600); Bluegill (1200); Catfish and Strippers (2000); White Bass (1400); Perch (2700); Crappies (1250); Coho (2700); Chinook, Brown Trout, Lake Trout and Steelhead (2000).
Entries may be submitted for the following species caught in either Region A (Illinois waters) or Region B (all other waters):
Musky, Chinook (king), Northern, Brown Trout,
Walleye, Steelhead (Rainbow), Sauger, Whitebass,
Stripers (Hybrid & Natural), Largemouth, Smallmouth, Coho,
Lake Trout, Catfish, Pan fish,
Others, (as determined by the Chairman)
Panfish include: Bluegill, Crappie, Perch, Rock Bass etc.
A trophy will be awarded for the heaviest fish in each region. In the event a member receives three or more awards, the member will receive a plaque in place of multiple trophies. The plaque will list each award won.
TIES: Joint awards will be made; regardless, whether the entries are weighed or calculated.